Wood and Masonry Water Repellent
With high-performance protection & versatility, Manalox 410 penetrates deep into the pores of wood and concrete. Repels liquid water while allowing vapor to pass through.
High-Performance Protection & Versatility:
- Penetrates deep into the pores of wood and concrete
- 7X increase in water repellence over untreated wood
- Gives excellent dimensional stability
- Repels liquid water while allowing vapor to pass through
- Unlike aluminum stearate, readily soluble in organic liquids
- Protects long after water beading additives wear away
- Low VOC formulations available
- Can be second-coated
Manalox-410 sets the industry standard for water repellents.
Durable Masonry Protection: A Case History
In England, where the climate is particularly damp and buildings are generally constructed of solid masonry, Manalox 410-based waterproofing compounds have long been recognized for their longevity as damp proofing treatments for stone and brick walls.
In order to establish the long term durability of Manalox 410- based water repellents on masonry, the British Agrèment Board conducted a ten year test for certification.
A wall was constructed consisting of sections of three types of brick and two types of limestone. It was divided vertically into equal sections, one of which was treated with a Manalox 410 solution and the other left untreated. Annual testing was carried out by the Agrèment Board, and after ten years exposure the section treated with Manalox-410 still showed no sign of allowing water penetration and appeared to be less affected by atmospheric pollution than the untreated section.